REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS: DURBAN GREEN CORRIDORS BRANDING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
Durban Green Corridors is a nonprofit company and public benefit organization supported by eThekwini Municipality. Durban Green Corridors that has been in operation since 2010. Since 2016 it has become a self-standing NPC and experienced significant expansion in the nature and scope of its work, which includes a range of fields from youth development to environmental management, small business development and responsible tourism.
As a nonprofit organization, presenting a professional, coherent, brand and market presence has become imperative for the organization. Particularly challenging is the variety of sub brands that have developed organically over the years as well as our need to communicate our work to a very wide variety of stakeholders, from tourists to community groups, varied interest groups and potential corporate, government and international partners. To this end, Durban Green Corridors is seeking to engage the services of a branding and communications professional to review the complex of DGC and related brands and to advise on the rationalization or organization of this family of brands and to assist in developing a new branding and communications approach for the organization.
Companies or individuals quoting to undertake this work should have:
- Significant experience in the branding development and communications fields.
- An understanding of nonprofit organizations and the varied fields in which we work.
- A strong creative backing with a track record for original and effective communications and brand development.
- Experience in projects related to nonprofit organization fundraising drives, youth development, ecotourism and environmental issues will be preferable.
Scope of work
- Undertake a series of one-on-one meetings and/or group workshops with Durban Green Corridor management and partner brands, in particular GO Durban, to fully understand the scope, needs and variety of our work.
- Analyze the existing Durban Green Corridors brand and its various related brands and sub-brands to make appropriate recommendations to align these brands.
- Work with the Durban Green Corridors team to develop a communications plan (and possible strap line) for reaching the organization’s broad variety of stakeholders and interest groups with a single clear message.
- Support the Durban Green Corridors marketing team to package a marketable representation of the Durban Green Corridors to effectively engage Durban corporate leaders to build a business sector support base, this should include:
- Professional corporate identity kit
- Creative development of a suite of fundraising tools such as power point presentations and organizational prospectus, including copywriting where required.
- Closing date for quotations is Tuesday 15 August 2017 at 12h00.
- Appointment will be made by the end of August 2017.
Format of quotations
Narrative proposal including
- CV’s of key personnel.
- Outline of experience on similar projects and understanding of the project scope
- Proposed methodology and project plan / approach.
- Unique attributes you can bring to the organization.
Financial proposal in Excel format which includes
- Outlining of all time / personnel related costs excl of VAT.
- Outline of all disbursements, including travel, communications and other potential expenses.