The scenic Mnini dam is located just 15 kilometers south of Amanzimtoti, KZN and just inland from uMgababa and Umkomaas.
The dam boasts large mouth bass,tilapia and an abundance of bird life. A network trails around the dam allow for endless exploring.
The resort boasts a Bar and Grill with variety of wine and beer for a great chill after a long day. Activities include:
- Boat Cruises
- Braai facilitiew
- Shady gazebos
- Camping sites available
- Kiosk and beer garden
Mnini Dam Resort is also the ideal venue for functions such as weddings and birthday parties and hosts a range of regular music events.
Or why not join our fully guided half day tour of Mnini
- Visit to the local Rastafarian Community where you learn about the Rasta religion and culture
- Experience some time with a local Zulu Sangoma (a traditional healer) and find out the valuable role these healers play in the local community and be fascinated by their knowledge of herbal medicines .....you can even have the Sangoma throw their bones for you!
- Spend time with the local village chief and find out about the many rituals and customs of the area
- Visit the local "spaza shop" / tavern, a hive of activity in any village. Experience the warmth of the people and get real, authentic insight into the day to day life in the village
- There is also the option to visit Mfume Mountain, an area rich in history from King Shaka's days. (For Mountain Bike Tours Only)
Our half day guided, Mnini dam tour includes
- Transport from Durban
- Boat hire
- Lunch and Refreshments
This hidden gem will make you feel like you're a thousand kilometres from the city! Do It