Social Media Consultant - Request For Quotations
Green Corridors a Durban based NGO focused on adding value to our open spaces through various community based interventions and programs. Communicating our work through interesting, innovative and exciting social media campaigns forms a core part of our marketing activity.
We are seeking to outsource our social media management to a social media agency or individual social media specialist on a contract basis. The role of the social media consultant will be to develop, guide and implement our social media strategy. The ultimate goal of the social media strategy is to strengthen public awareness of our work and tourism products.
Key duties will include
- Developing a social media strategy and monthly plans in conjunction with Green Corridors management team and staff
- Ensuring close engagement with Green Corridors team members around their work and facilitate communication of this work on social media
- Design, implement and manage ongoing social media campaigns / creating content and copy
- Scheduling and execution of posts across all social media platforms
- Community management
- Managing social media adverts and advert spend within agreed budget
- Provide monthly reports on statistics on reach, engagement and advert performance
The ideal candidate / company should have the following skills
- Proven experience in applying social media strategies
- Thorough knowledge of the working mechanisms of social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and newer platforms such as TikTok)
- Background in online marketing, communication with technical backend social media know how (ie: Facebook Pixel, Google Events tracking)
- Excellent knowledge of Durban, environmental issues and our work would be advantageous
- Proficiency in English
- Candidates should provide evidence of social media work through links to the respective sites.
- Candidates should be prepared to travel locally and directly engage with our teams on the ground.
Please ensure your proposals and quotes include:
- Detailed proposal on the envisaged roll out and core focus areas including an estimated time allocation to various tasks
- Hourly rate with the estimated number of hours committed to Green Corridors per month
If you have not heard back from us by the 1st July 2020, please consider your application unsuccessful.