Full Time Position: Operations Manager
Green Corridors is a Durban based nonprofit organization that aims to see communities thrive in balance with the habitats around them. Green Corridors co-creates open spaces in key areas around Durban that integrate social, environmental and economic needs. From these spaces, we run a range of projects focused on ecotourism, youth development, environmental management and waste beneficiation.
As the organization has experienced rapid growth over the years, Green Corridors is in need of a dynamic, focused, adaptable and organized operations manager to support Green Corridors’ overall operational functions including,
- identifying hurdles / challenges in project objective delivery and problem solve,
- developing quality management systems, and
- managing the implementation of the QMS,.
- management of project inventory, contracts, relationships with service providers, etc.
The key function of this position will be to oversee and coordinate the proper implementation of the internal Standard Procedures and Systems across project operations.
Key responsibilities will include
- Support Programme Development Managers to direct operations teams to achieve business targets and ensure integration of project operations;
- Build strong relationships by addressing customer & stakeholder issues in a timely manner;
- Support Head of Finance with control of operating and capital budgets;
- Support general HR functions including implementing performance management systems;
- Maintain accurate and clear documentation and manage the QMS - operational procedures and activities;
- Support general operational logistics such as fleet management, contract management, etc;
- Liaise and coordinate with the Programme Managers to ensure integration across Green Corridors programmes;
- Draft monthly and quarterly reports;
A full job description will be made available on request to shortlisted candidates. The ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree/diploma in business management, or another relevant field;
- Minimum of 8 years’ management experience in executing relevant responsibilities;
- Project management experience,
- Previous working experience in programs involved in manufacturing green products/logistics / community / ecotourism / environmental management would be advantageous;
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and leadership skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details; and
- Good reporting skills;
- Driver’s License
To apply for this position, please submit a
- CV with portfolio of experience,
- a one page motivation highlighting your personal strengths and skills considered suitable for the position.
- contact details of at least three traceable referees